Bowen Therapy for you
Aches, pains, restrictions as well as a wide variety of conditions can be treated using gentle Bowen Therapy and it's suitable for everyone, from the young to the old.
The treatment may take between 30-60 minutes and usually requires the recipient to be on a treatment table. Bowen moves may be applied through clothing, but are best given when applied directly to the skin.
Bowen moves are a form of gentle but precise soft tissue manipulation. These moves are focused on crucial junctions of muscle, ligament or tendon nerve pathways, blood and lymph circulation.
At specific times during the treatment, the practitioner may allow the body to rest; they may even leave the room. This can be an important part of the treatment, when the body is given time to react. It also is a time to relax – the recipient may wish to ‘tune-in’ to how the body may be responding to the work.
What is Bowen effective for?
- Low, middle or upper back pain or stiffness
- Neck pain or stiffness, including wry neck and whiplash problems
- Shoulder or arm problems, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain, numbness or tingling in hands or fingers)
- Headaches, migraines, dizziness
- Sinusitis, eye, ear or nose and throat problems
- Sciatica, pain in the groin, hip or buttock
- Thigh, hamstring or knee problems
- Lower leg, ankle, foot and toe complaints
- Lymph and circulatory problems
ISBT-Bowen Therapy often alleviates asthma and other respiratory problems, plus colic in babies. Also its impact on other visceral (organ) problems can be profound e.g. kidney, bladder, stomach and lung problems.
Other Bowen benefits
There are many other benefits of ISBT-Bowen Therapy, particularly for pregnant women and people with degenerative complaints such as:
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease